Homemade Whipped Cream: Why make your own vs. canned?
Welcome to our first blog! For the first post I thought we would start by talking about some of the benefits of making homemade whipped cream. I will also share some of the differences between homemade vs. the canned whip cream (the kind purchased at local grocery stores). On that note, lets get right to it!!
So what exactly does homemade whipped cream mean? No artificial ingredients, you can control the amount of calories it’s made of and use the desired fat content you want. You can also sweeten it to your desired preferences. Really, the options are endless there are even fruit/nut flavors as well… I will be blogging some of my favorite whipped cream recipes paired with different foods and drinks soon. For now, here is a sample list of flavoring options:
- Custom flavoring: chocolate mocha, vanilla, caramel, peppermint, raspberry, hazelnut ( any of these can be created using sugar-free syrups as well )*I personally like using the flavoring syrups by Starbucks® *
- Sweetening using powdered sugar or Stevia® (instead of sugar)
There are also differences between the aesthetics of homemade and canned whipped cream, which effects taste and enjoyment.
- If you don’t want to necessarily have flavored whipped cream you can use food coloring to make any color you wish.
- With 1 dispenser of homemade whip cream you can interchange tips as often as you’d like to create different designs.
- Last but not least, your homemade whipped cream won’t be filled with air like the short life of the store bought canned types. This means your homemade whip cream won’t melt down so quickly. Scroll through below.
Besides the fact that homemade whipped cream truly tastes BETTER, is THICKER and CREAMIER, it will also stay FRESH for up to 2 weeks refrigerated. Whether you want to enjoy it on your morning waffles, coffee or you are having guests over for dessert, having fresh, delicious whipped cream is a no brainer when comparing it to the store bought canned type. The quality and taste of homemade whipped cream just doesn’t compare and it’s more convenient. If you haven’t made your own whipped cream before I highly recommend giving it a try!